Q: Why are you doing this? Do you hate traditional publishing?
A: At Sift, we love books - so it would be impossible for us to hate traditional publishing! We aren't necessarily concerned about the role of self-publishing in the publishing industry. Our concern is for the Reader who wants to buy self-published sci-fi and fantasy books, nothing more. We're trying to take some of the guess work out of these purchasing decisions. And if we get to read some awesome books in the process? All the better!
Q: How do I get my book reviewed by Sift?
A: Please see our Submissions page and Terms below for information.
Q: What are your qualifications?
A: You can take a look at our Reviewers page for info about each of us, but our main qualification is that we read. A lot. Really, a lot.
Q: What kind of content does Sift provide?
A: We primarily write book reviews, but may do other things from time to time, including: contests, interviews, giveaways, and articles related to the industry. Our content is targeted to help Readers, not writers necessarily.
- All decisions about which books to review will be made by Sift Book Reviews. All decisions are final. We do not guarantee a review of your book.
- All opinions and reviews belong to the individual Reviewer. Express permission to quote reviews in-part is hereby granted. However, we request that you link back to the original review on the Sift Book Reviews website.
- If chosen to be read by a Reviewer, we promise to read at least fifty pages. Beyond that, we make no guarantees.
- We do not promise anyone a positive review in exchange for a review copy. Our responsibility is to be honest and open for the benefit of Readers.
- Our reviews are honest and the opinion of the Reviewer - meaning they are subjective. Sift will publish both positive and negative reviews.
- We read requested material on a first-come, first-served basis. We try to get to the books as soon as possible, but do not guarantee a time frame.
- We will duplicate our reviews on GoodReads and are open to posting them on other common book review sites.
- Please note that Sarah or Erica may occasionally automatically reject a submission based solely on similarities or perceived similarities it has to any of her books. In this case, she will forward the submission to the Reviewer she thinks is a best fit for the book.